Contents of UDERB
Uganda Digital Educational Resource Bank (DERB) will consist of but not limited to:
- Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) tools.
- Question/past paper questions from schools.
- Subject study guides.
- Marking schemes for teachers and question guides for students.
- Curriculum relevant open content.
- Samples of educational projects and lesson plans.
- Case studies/testimonials of students and teachers
- Probing questions based on certain online and offline educational resources.
- Samples/galleries of studentsâ€™ work.
- Peer-review of online resources (websites).
- Photographs, illustrations and diagrams.
- Video clips and audio clips
- Animations and simulations
- Virtual Reality models
The contents of the Uganda DERB will be created/identified by the teachers/students and/or recommended by the Ministry of Education and Sports.
The Uganda Digital Educational Resource Bank (DERB) will be available â€œfreeâ€ to the teachers/students. Free as in freedom and not as in â€œfree beerâ€.
The term â€œfreeâ€ implies the following rights:
- Freedom to use the DERB for educational, non-profit purposes and adapt it to oneâ€™s needs.
- Freedom to study how the DERB was put together/created.
- Freedom to redistribute the DERB so that other teachers and students can benefit from it.
Freedom to modify and enhance the DERB and publish those modifications so that everyone benefits from them. The modifications should be published â€œfreeâ€.