A core group of 16 people was set up to:
- Define the â€œUganda Digital Education Resource Bank (DERB) in terms of what it should contain and the format it will take.
- Identify online and offline resources (already available) which would be included the Resource Bank.
- Develop interactive ICT enhanced Content for the DERB.
- Collect student testimonies and works.
- Discuss strategies of dissemination of the contents of the DERB and carry out the dissemination.
The following are the core term members and their responsibilities.
Responsibilities within the core team
- Project Management : Kakinda Daniel
- Free and Open Source Software tools: Kakinda Daniel, Ahmed Ndaula and George Kwabenah Appiah
- Geography : Ayub Kalema Golooba
- Chemistry : Ssemondo John
- Fine Art : Winfred Mwebaza
- Physics : Lawrence Ssenkubugge and Kakinda Daniel
- Computer Science : Vicent Kizza
- Multimedia Packaging : Richard Matovu & Gerison Kakinda
- French : Edward Kigozi
- Project-based Learning : Kakinda Daniel, Richard Matovu, Carol Namatovu